This pie tastes just like the old-fashioned Creamsicle frozen treat.
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- 1½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Sweetened whipped cream or thawed frozen whipped topping
- Garnish: orange zest, orange slice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together wafer crumbs and melted butter. Firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together condensed milk and next 4 ingredients until smooth. Pour into cooled crust.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until center has set. Let pie cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until chilled. Top pie with whipped cream, and garnish with zest and orange slice, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/