This Creamed Turkey and Biscuits recipe is a great way to transform leftover holiday turkey into a new meal.
Creamed Turkey and Biscuits
Makes 4 servings
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup leftover turkey pan juices, turkey stock, or chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups leftover chopped or shredded cooked turkey
- ½ (16-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 large frozen buttermilk biscuits, baked according to package directions and halved
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and next 4 ingredients until smooth; cook, whisking frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey and vegetables, and cook until heated through. Spoon turkey mixture between biscuit halves, and serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!