These Cream Cheese Peppermint Brownies will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth!
Cream Cheese Peppermint Brownies
Makes about 18
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (4-ounce) bar unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with baking spray with flour. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- For swirl: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- For batter: In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate and butter on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth (about 2 minutes total). Whisk in sugar, eggs, and extracts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk flour mixture into chocolate mixture until combined. Spread three-fourths of batter into prepared pan. Dollop swirl mixture onto batter. Spoon remaining batter by tablespoonfuls onto swirl. Gently swirl layers together with a knife.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and cut into squares. Garnish with peppermint, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Baking Tip: For a fun change that still keeps minty flavor, swap the crushed hard peppermint garnish for chopped soft chocolate mint patties.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!