These luscious mints can be dressed up with a little food coloring to match your party colors.
Cream Cheese Mints
makes about 60 mints
Write a review
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup all-vegetable shortening
- ½ teaspoon peppermint oil
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, shortening, and peppermint oil with a mixer until smooth. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until well combined. (Dough will be soft and elastic.)
- Roll dough into small balls, and place each ball on prepared baking sheet. Press fork into each ball to flatten.Cover baking sheet with plastic wrap, and chill mints overnight.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/