Make these cranberry scones any time!
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen
Write a review
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole buttermilk, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray 2 (8-well) cast-iron wedge pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in cranberries. Stir in 1/2 cup buttermilk, egg, and vanilla. Spoon dough into prepared pans. Dampen fingers with remaining 2 tablespoons buttermilk, and pat dough into wells; sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm, or let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!