This cranberry-pear crumble is extra-easy to make!
Write a review
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger, divided
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 4 Anjou pears, peeled, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, next 3 ingredients, and 1 teaspoon ginger. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter and eggs until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve one-fourth of dough, and press remaining dough into bottom of prepared pan.
- In another large bowl, stir together cranberries, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger. Pour over dough in pan, and sprinkle reserved dough on top of fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!