Cranberry Congealed Salad
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3-ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (14-ounce) cans whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cold water
- Garnish: whipped topping, chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, pecans, and brown sugar, Add melted butter, stirring to combine. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Add whipped topping, beating until combined. Spread mixture over cooled crust; cover and chill for at least 4 hours or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- In a large bowl, stir together gelatin and 2 cups boiling water. Add cranberry sauce, stirring until combined. Stir in 1 cup cold water. Slowly pour gelatin mixture over chilled cream cheese layer. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or refrigerate for up to 2 days. Cut into squares to serve. Garnish with whipped topping and cranberries, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/