Add this delicious Cranberry Chicken with Butternut Squash Pasta Salad to your autumn and winter meal plans.
Cranberry Chicken with Butternut Squash Pasta Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 7 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced
- ½ (16-ounce) box ditalini pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (4-ounce) bag fresh baby arugula
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg; sprinkle onto chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes. Stir in cranberry sauce, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon honey. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until sauce has thickened and a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken registers 165°, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring squash, 4 teaspoons salt, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in pasta, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard, remaining 1 tablespoon honey, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir in squash and pasta mixture until well coated; stir in arugula. Serve with chicken. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!