Serve this corned beef brisket with potatoes, cabbage, and soda bread for a traditional St. Patrick’s Day meal. Leftovers are great turned into hash or for sandwiches.
Oven-Braised Corned Beef Brisket
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) corned beef brisket
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons pickling spice, divided
- 2 quarts hot water
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a large roasting pan with foil.
- Rinse brisket with cold water, and pat dry. Place brisket, fat side up, in prepared pan. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and Dijon until smooth. Spread onto brisket, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pickling spice. Pour 2 quarts water and remaining 2 tablespoons pickling spice around brisket.
- Bake until beef is very tender when pierced with a fork, 2½ to 3 hours. Let stand for 15 minutes; slice across the grain to serve.
- Be sure you're buying a corned beef brisket, not a plain brisket, for this recipe.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/