Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 2 (6-ounce) packages buttermilk cornbread mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bake cornbread, using fat-free milk, according to package directions. Let cool completely, the crumble into a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3 1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Add vegetables, broth, and all remaining ingredients to crumbled cornbread, stirring just until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/