The air fryer gives these produce-packed fritters a welcome crunch.
Corn Succotash Fritters
Serves: About 16
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1¼ cups fresh corn kernels
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1¼ cups cooked baby lima beans, divided
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 cups Italian-seasoned panko (Japanese bread crumbs), divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten well
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garlic-Herb Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together 1 cup lima beans and milk until a paste forms, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- In a medium bowl, stir together corn mixture, bean purée, 1¼ cups bread crumbs, eggs, thyme, chives, salt, pepper, and remaining ¼ cup lima beans. Scoop mixture by 2 tablespoons, and shape into 2-inch patties. Freeze patties for 30 minutes.
- If preheating is recommended by your air fryer manual, preheat fryer to 400°.
- In a shallow dish, place remaining ¾ cup bread crumbs. Lightly dredge patties in bread crumbs.
- Working in batches, spray fritters with cooking spray. Place in air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°, and cook until golden and crisp, about 16 minutes, turning halfway through cooking and spraying with cooking spray again. Serve immediately with Garlic-Herb Dipping Sauce.
Garlic-Herb Dipping Sauce
Serves: About ⅔ cup
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.