These caramel apples are dusted in crunchy cookie crumbles and drizzled with vanilla candy coating.
Cookie-Crusted Caramel Apples
Makes 5 servings
Write a review
- 5 (6-inch) lollipop sticks
- 5 medium Granny Smith apples, washed well to remove any wax
- 2 (11-ounce) packages caramel bits
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups crushed Oreo cookies
- ¼ (16-ounce) package vanilla-flavored candy coating, melted according to package directions
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the stem end of each apple.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat caramel bits and cream on HIGH in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until mixture is melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Dip each apple into caramel, allowing excess to drip off; dredge in cookie crumbs. Place on prepared pan, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Transfer melted candy coating to a small resealable plastic bag; squeeze air out of bag, and seal. Snip off a corner of bag, and drizzle coating over apples. Refrigerate apples for 15 to 20 minutes or until caramel and candy coating are set.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/