Confetti Cereal Treats
Makes about 1 dozen
Write a review
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package strawberry marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups honey graham cereal*, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) packages white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-vegetable shortening
- Assorted colored candy wafers*, melted according to package directions (optional)
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows, and cook, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla, and remove from heat.
- Stir in 6 cups cereal, and press mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups cereal.
- In the top of double boiler, melt white chocolate and shortening, stirring until smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, spreading until smooth. Tap pan on counter to settle mixture.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Decorate with candy melts, if desired, and let stand until firm. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan, and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- *We used Golden Grahams Cereal and Wilton Blue, Yellow, and Purple Candy Melts.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/