This Cold Potato-Leek Soup is a refreshing and savory seasonal dish.
Cold Potato-Leek Soup
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (pale green parts only)
- 1 (3-pound) bag red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 cups Kitchen Basics® Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper Garnish: sliced leek
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Thoroughly wash sliced leek in a colander to remove grit and sand. Add leek to pan, and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add potatoes and chicken stock; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Fill a blender with potato mixture. Remove center piece of blender lid to allow steam to escape; secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid to avoid spills. Process until smooth. Pour puréed mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining potato mixture. Stir in cream and pepper. Cool for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Serve chilled. Garnish with sliced leek, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!