Enjoy the familiar flavors and texture of coffee cake we all know and love in an easy muffin.
Coffee Cake Muffins
Write a review
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- For topping: In a small bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; stir in almonds.
- For batter: In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition; beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined; beat in sour cream. Spoon half of batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle half of topping onto batter in cups. Spoon remaining batter onto topping, and sprinkle remaining topping onto batter.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and serve warm.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!