Coconut Macaroon Nests
Makes about 1½ dozen
Write a review
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Malted milk speckled eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine condensed milk and next 5 ingredients. Add coconut, stirring to combine.
- Using a 1/2-cup spring-loaded ice cream scoop, scoop coconut mixture on prepared pans. Using damp hands, shape mounds so they resemble a nest. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Place malted milk eggs in each nest. Store in airtight containers for up to 5 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/