Taking inspiration from a favorite candy bar, these delectable Coconut Almond Brownies are layered with a gooey mixture of coconut and crunchy toasted almonds.
Coconut Almond Brownies
Makes about 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 (4-ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (7-ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Line pan with parchment paper, allowing excess to extend over sides of pan; spray parchment with baking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Microwave on HIGH, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, about 1½ minutes total. Add sugar and vanilla, stirring to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring to combine. Spread half of batter in prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together coconut, almonds, and condensed milk. Spread coconut mixture over batter in pan. Spread remaining batter over coconut mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess parchment as handles, lift brownies out of pan, and cut into squares. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/