This Classic Sweet Potato Casserole is a quintessential dish for the holiday season.
Classic Sweet Potato Casserole
Makes 8 servings
- 7 cups mashed cooked sweet potato (about 4 pounds)
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir together sweet potato, brown sugar, eggs, cream, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Spoon into an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Bake until just set, 45 to 55 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows and pecans; bake until top is lightly browned, about 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Click here for 12 more southern casserole recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!