Enjoy these yummy Classic Sugar Cookies fresh out of the oven with a tall glass of milk.
Classic Sugar Cookies
Makes about 4 dozen
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Clear sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and roll in sparkling sugar. Place on prepared pans, and gently flatten cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
For more great recipes like this, subscribe to Cooking with Paula Deen magazine today!