This Classic Cold-Oven Pound Cake is the perfect end to any meal.
Classic Cold-Oven Pound Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- Spray a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Spread batter into prepared pan, and place in cold oven.
- Set oven to 325°, and bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 75 minutes. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely, top side up, on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.