This Classic Chicken Tetrazzini is Paula’s go-to recipe for using leftover chicken to make a yummy casserole.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (16-ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (5-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in flour, thyme, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and cream; cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in noodles, chicken, peas, and cheese until well combined, and cook until heated through. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle onto casserole.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 35 to 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Kitchen Tip: Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for this recipe; you'll get about 3 cups of meat from it.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!