This Cinnamon-Croissant Bread Pudding is a perfectly sweet way to use old bread to create a decadent treat.
Cinnamon-Croissant Bread Pudding
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) package day-old croissants, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, combine croissants and next 3 ingredients.
- In another large bowl, whisk together cream and next 6 ingredients until smooth. Add to croissant mixture, stirring to combine. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour croissant mixture into prepared dish. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cover with foil halfway through baking time to prevent excess browning, if necessary.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!