A chopped salad is a classic steak-dinner accompaniment. This version has creamy homemade buttermilk-dijon dressing.
Chopped Salad with Buttermilk-Dijon Dressing
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 head radicchio, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 (6-ounce) bag fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and next 7 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together lettuce and all remaining ingredients. Add buttermilk mixture, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/