Chocolate Pecan Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 (4-ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350˚. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 12-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, crimping edges if desired. Line crust with parchment paper; cover bottom of crust with pie weights. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove parchment and pie weights.
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate and cream. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour chocolate mixture into prepared crust. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn syrup and next 5 ingredients, whisking until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spoon batter over chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until center is set, covering pie with aluminum foil halfway through baking time to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Cool completely before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/