Makes about 4 cups
Write a review
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Garnish: fresh mint
- In a large saucepan, whisk together 4 1/2 cups water and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, and stir in extract. Pour mixture into a shallow container, and refrigerate for 4 hours or until cold.
- Pour mixture into an electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. If a firmer texture is desired, transfer to an airtight container, and freeze until firm. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/