This gooey treat is swirled with thick ribbons of chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup Nutella chocolate-hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan; spray foil with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually whisk flour mixture into egg mixture just until combined. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Place Nutella in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and heat on high for 10 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle Nutella in wide ribbons onto batter; swirl together with a knife, avoiding bottom of pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 3-inch squares; store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!