Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Eggs
Makes about 1 dozen
Write a review
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (6-ounce) packages bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- Assorted colored candy wafers*, melted according to package directions (optional)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, cook brown sugar and butter on HIGH in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until mixture is melted and smooth (about 1 1⁄2 minutes total). Stir in confectioners’ sugar and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into egg shapes; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring until smooth. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- With forks, dip egg shapes into chocolate mixture to coat with forks, and transfer to wax paper to harden. Drizzle with candy melts, if desired, and let stand until firm. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- *We used Wilton Blue and Pink Candy Melts.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/