Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
Makes 1 gallon
Write a review
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Add condensed milk, and beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form again. Beat in chocolate syrup and vanilla. Stir in half-and-half.
- Pour mixture into the container of an electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions, adding chocolate morsels when mixture is partially frozen. If a firmer texture is desired, spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container, and freeze for at least 4 hours or for up to 1 month.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/