These Chocolate Chunk Cherry Brownies are loaded with rich flavor. Crumble one over a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a sinfully rich dessert!
Chocolate Chunk Cherry Brownies
Makes about 2 dozen bars
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined.
- Reserve 1 cup dough. Press remaining dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Halve cherries, and sprinkle evenly over dough. Top evenly with chocolate chunks. Spoon reserved 1 cup dough by tablespoonfuls over chocolate chunks. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/