Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) bar semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (16½-ounce) log refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, cut into 16 slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, cook butter and all chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently, for 6 to 8 or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a mixer at medium-high speed for 3 to 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Gradually add flour, beating until combined. Add chocolate mixture, beating until smooth. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Arrange cookie dough slices over batter in pan.
- Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until center is set. Let cool completely in pan. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan before cutting into squares.
- Use peanut butter cookie dough instead of chocolate chip cookie dough if you prefer.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!