Chocolate Banana Cream Parfaits
Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 (16-ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 2 (3.4-ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3½ cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package toffee bits
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (10-inch) loaf pans with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluff y. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in chocolate syrup. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Cut one loaf cake into ½-inch cubes; reserve remaining cake for another use.
- In a large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with a mixer at low speed until smooth. Add cream cheese, and beat at medium speed until thick and smooth.
- In 12 (8-ounce) jars or bowls, layer cake cubes, pudding mixture, bananas, and toffee bits as desired. Top with whipped topping, and sprinkle with toffee bits; serve immediately.
- This recipe makes two chocolate loaf cakes. Use one now for this dessert, and freeze the other cake, wrapped tightly in heavy-duty plastic wrap, for up to 2 months. You can also layer the ingredients in a large trifle dish or serving bowl if you prefer.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/