Crispy bacon and fiery sweet potato biscuits pair perfectly for a bite-sized treat.
Chipotle Sweet Potato Biscuit Bites
Makes about 1 dozen
Write a review
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, cut into ½-inch pieces, plus more for serving
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1½ tablespoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 4 slices peppered bacon, cooked and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.Using a pastry blender, cut in ¼ cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk together sweet potato, buttermilk, and chipotle in adobo. Add sweet potato mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined (dough will be sticky).
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 2 to 3 times. Roll dough to 1-inch thickness, and cut dough using a 2-inch round cutter, rerolling scraps until all dough is used. Place on prepared pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve biscuits warm with bacon and additional butter.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!