This Chipotle Beefy Mac calls to mind those boxes of ground beef helpers, but our version is homemade and so much better.
Chipotle Beefy Mac
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef, sausage, and onion over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly; drain. Stir in tomato paste, ½ cup water, chipotle pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add macaroni and 2 cups cheese, stirring until melted. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!