Chilled Wild Rice and Pesto Medley is a great addition to fall menus.
Chilled Wild Rice and Pesto Medley
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 3 cups Vegetable Cooking Stock
- 2 cups Texmati rice pilaf blend
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package baby bella mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- 5 tablespoons prepared pesto
- In a medium saucepan, combine stock, rice, and butter. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and spread rice in a thin layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Cool for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and shallot; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in peas. Cool for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled rice, cooled vegetable mixture, pine nuts, and pesto, tossing gently to combine. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!