Chilled Pea and Leek Soup
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons chicken stock
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: sliced radish, sliced chives
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and shallot; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken stock and peas, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, purée soup in batches. Return puréed soup to pot, stir in cream, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 2 days. Garnish with radish and chives, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/