This kid-friendly Chili Mac casserole is a hearty classic.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 3 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can Ranch Style Beans, drained (see note)
- 2 (1.75-ounce) packages chili seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground chuck and onion over medium heat, stirring often, until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Stir in tomato sauce, beans, and chili seasoning. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes. Stir in macaroni. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish; top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- Ranch Style Beans are a brand of seasoned beans. If you can't find them in your area, chili beans are a good substitute.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!