Ground chuck, spicy chili beans, tomatoes, crinkle-cut fries, and Cheddar cheese create a mouthwatering Chili Cheese Fries Casserole.
Chili Cheese Fries Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans spicy chili beans
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2-pound) bag crinkle-cut fries
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Garnish: diced onion, pickled sliced jalapeños
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until browned and crumbly; drain well. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and Worcestershire, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Spread fries onto prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Leave oven on.
- Reserve 2 cups fries; spread remaining fries in bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle 2 cups cheese onto fries. Using a slotted spoon, spoon chili onto cheese. Spread reserved fries around sides of pan; sprinkle with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with onion and jalapeño, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!