Get quick-to-prepare chicken and waffles on the table even faster by using frozen Belgian waffles.
Chicken and Waffles with Sage Gravy
Makes 4 servings
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 deli fried chicken fingers, heated
- Preheat oven to 200°. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Spray a waffle iron with cooking spray; preheat according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- For waffles: In a large bowl, whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, oil, and eggs. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring to combine. Cook batter on waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer cooked waffles to prepared rack, and keep warm in oven.
- For gravy: In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth and remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Serve waffles with chicken fingers and gravy.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!