This comforting Chicken Pot Pie is perfect for serving your family on cool autumn nights.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1½ cups sliced carrot
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white wine
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken and next 5 ingredients, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in wine, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and mixture is thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon chicken mixture into prepared baking dish, and bake for 20 minutes. Keep warm.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts and stack together. Roll crusts to form a 17-inch circle. Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut crust into 1-inch strips. On parchment paper on prepared pan, weave crust strips into a lattice pattern that will fit baking dish. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Place lattice crust over cooked pot pie, and serve.
If you like this, here’s another Paula Deen Southern Chicken Pot Pie Recipe you might want to try.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!