Chicken Marsala is made even more delicious with the addition of fresh figs.
Chicken Marsala with Figs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ pound fresh figs, stemmed and quartered
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper all over chicken. Cook chicken until browned on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in garlic and flour; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in marsala, vinegar, lemon juice, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Return chicken to skillet; arrange figs in sauce around chicken.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 165°, 30 to 40 minutes.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!