This Chicken Florentine Casserole is gooey and rich with three cheeses!
Chicken Florentine Casserole
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (5-ounce) package thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (16-ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh spinach, stemmed
- Garnish: shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add prosciutto and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and milk, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses, salt, and pepper until cheeses melt. Stir in chicken, noodles, and spinach. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with Parmesan, if desired.
This recipe can be assembled and frozen for up to 1 month. Let it thaw overnight in refrigerator before baking as directed.
Click here for 12 more southern casserole recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!