This chicken enchilada chili can be prepared in advance and refrigerated or frozen, so it’s ready and waiting for you.
Chicken Enchilada Chili
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (32-ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Garnish: sliced green onion
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Stir in broth and next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Gradually add cheese, stirring until melted. Add sour cream, stirring until melted. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/