This comforting and cheesy dish is everything you love about chicken enchiladas in the yummy and convenient form of a casserole.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1 (25-ounce) package large flour tortillas, quartered and divided
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, divided
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- Garnish: chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer one-third of tortillas in prepared dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together soup, sour cream, chiles, 1½ cups cheese, green onion, salt, cumin, and pepper. Reserve 1 cup cheese mixture. Stir chicken into remaining cheese mixture. Spread half of chicken mixture onto tortillas. Layer with another one-third of tortillas; top with remaining chicken mixture and remaining tortillas. Spread reserved 1 cup cheese mixture over top layer. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 35 minutes. Garnish with green onion, if desired.