Put together an easy and delicious supper in under an hour with this Chicken Caprese Casserole recipe.
Chicken Caprese Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) box penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded, skin and bones discarded
- 2 cups chopped fresh mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil, crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked pasta, chicken, 1½ cups mozzarella, ½ cups tomatoes, Alfredo sauce, cream, basil, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Pour into prepared pan. Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and remaining ½ cup tomatoes.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with basil and red pepper, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!