Your family will enjoy this crispy and scrumptious Chicken and Broccoli Hash.
Chicken and Broccoli Hash
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) package steam-in-bag broccoli florets, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded processed cheese product
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1½ tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add half of potatoes to skillet in a single layer; cook, without stirring, until golden brown on bottom, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and cook until golden brown on bottom, 5 to 6 minutes more. Remove potatoes from skillet; repeat procedure with remaining 1½ tablespoons oil and potatoes. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, whisk together cream cheese, broth, onion powder, salt, and pepper over medium heat until melted and smooth.
- Stir in chicken, broccoli, and potatoes until well combined, and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!