Dinner cannot go wrong with this meaty, cheesy, and delicious Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole.
Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Makes 8 servings
- ¾ cup butter, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 (8.8-ounce) packages fully cooked long grain and wild rice*
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1¼ cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) cans chopped water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed buttery round crackers
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt ¼ cup butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in chicken, rice, soup, cheese, water chestnuts, sour cream, milk, and pepper until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining ½ cup butter. Stir in cracker crumbs until well combined, and sprinkle onto casserole.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
*We used Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Long Grain and Wild Rice.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!