Dinner cannot go wrong with this meaty, cheesy, and delicious Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole.
Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Makes 8 servings
- ¾ cup butter, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 (8.8-ounce) packages fully cooked long grain and wild rice*
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1¼ cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) cans chopped water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed buttery round crackers
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt ¼ cup butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in chicken, rice, soup, cheese, water chestnuts, sour cream, milk, and pepper until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining ½ cup butter. Stir in cracker crumbs until well combined, and sprinkle onto casserole.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
*We used Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Long Grain and Wild Rice.
Click here for 12 more southern casserole recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!