These Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches are a special treat layered with chicken tenders, Cheddar, provolone, tomatoes, arugula, and avocado slices. You can also use frozen waffles instead of making them yourself, if you prefer.
Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 3 cups all-purpose baking mix*
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1 pound deli fried chicken tenders, heated and halved lengthwise
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°. Place a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large bowl, stir together baking mix and next 3 ingredients just until combined; stir in Cheddar and pepper. Pour batter onto waffle iron, and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer waffles to wire rack, and keep warm in oven.
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard, maple syrup, and vinegar.
- Top half of waffles with tomato, arugula, chicken, provolone, and avocado. Drizzle with mustard mixture, and top with remaining waffles. Serve immediately.
- *We used Bisquick.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!