Shredded rotisserie chicken, cheese, spinach, Italian seasoning, and alfredo sauce create an easy and delicious lasagna.
Chicken and Spinach Lasagna
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- ½ (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (15-ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 4 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, half of cheese, spinach, artichokes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper, and egg.
- Spread ½ cup alfredo sauce in bottom of prepared pan. Place 2 lasagna noodles in sauce. Spread chicken mixture onto noodles. Spread 1 cup alfredo sauce onto chicken mixture, and top with remaining lasagna noodles. Spread with remaining alfredo sauce, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: For the ultimate convenience, assemble this lasagna in a disposable foil baking pan through step 3, and freeze it for up to 1 month. It can be baked from frozen at 300° for 2 hours; increase the oven temperature to 350°, and bake until browned and bubbly, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!