This cheese-topped rice casserole is easy to whip up when you need a warm, wholesome meal.
Chicken and Jambalaya Rice Casserole
- 2½ cups water
- 1 (8-ounce) box jambalaya rice dinner mix*
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen vegetable seasoning blend
- Garnish: sliced green onion
- In a large saucepan, bring 2½ cups water and rice mix to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Spoon rice into a large bowl. Add chicken, tomatoes, 1 cup cheese, celery, and cream, stirring to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add vegetable blend to saucepan; cook over medium heat until water has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir into rice mixture to combine. Spread mixture in a 2-quart baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Garnish with green onion, if desired.