Switch up the flavors in this Chicken and Bacon Hash Brown Casserole by substituting taco seasoning and Monterey Jack cheese with peppers for Cheddar cheese and ranch dressing mix.
Chicken and Bacon Hash Brown Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 8 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- Garnish: sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 1½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup Cheddar and next 4 ingredients until well combined; stir in hash browns, chicken, and two-thirds of bacon. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and remaining bacon; bake 20 minutes more or until golden brown and bubbly. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!